Home > Online > SecretBuilders.com: A Safe, Unique Virtual World for Children
SecretBuilders.com: A Safe, Unique Virtual World for Children
SecretBuilders.com is a safe, unique virtual world for children ages 5 to 14 years old that lets children learn through stories and themes, quests, games and activities, videos, writings, and art.
All of this can be found on the various sections of the SecretBuilders.com
website, which can be accessed through the home dashboard. After you have created your free account, you will be given the option to personalize your avatar and your room (home dashboard). You will then be ready to explore the SecretBuilders.com virtual world! Here are some highlights of the site and some of the features your will encounter on your journey.
The main page of the Secret Builders website.
- Children will love going on quests that take them into the world of classic literature, the arts and humanities. Once you begin a quest, you won't be alone. An advisor will be there to help you along the way. There are a variety of quests, but you must finish the first to unlock more.
Games and Activities
- Check out this section for a variety of games and activities! They are divided into 4 categories: Multi-player games (play someone else), Activity Games (creative games), Action Games (test your quickness and coordination), and Puzzle Games (challenge your mind). As you play you will earn Shills (virtual coins) that can be used to purchase pets, furniture, and more!
- Participate in one or all of the creativity contests that are currently being held to win great prizes! Current contests include Frank & Stein's Ghouly Gallery, Help the Kelp, and the Kid Inventor Challenge.
The Crooked Pencil
- This is the "magazine" portion of the site where kids can share writings in a variety of given categories such as tales, reviews, plays and poems, back to school, and more. Children can read other writings and also leave a comment.
One for All
- This is the charity and fundraising section of SecretBuilders.com that lets students answer math, geography, or English questions in order to raise money for their school or charity. What a great way to encourage children to practice these skills for a good cause!
- SecretBuilders.com has multiple ways for users to communicate with each other, from chatting to sending mail, to starting a club or hosting a party! Just click on the "My Board" chalkboard found in your room to communicate with other users in the SecretBuilders.com community.
- This unique feature allows children to give their feedback on ideas that would make SecretBuilders.com more interesting. This must be why SecretBuilders.com has tons of features that other virtual worlds lack.
Want more information? Visit the SecretBuilders.com
sections for Parents and Teachers to find out how to become a SecretBuilders Mom or ways to use SecretBuilders in the classroom. Also learn more about the safety and privacy features that make this virtual world a safe place for your child to visit, play, and learn.
October 8, 2010 by Amber Coggin
Treasure Island, one of the places you can go in the Secret Builders virtual world.
internet, computer, study, education, educational, program, free, kids, kindergarten, learn ABC online ABCs 123s, numbers, children, education, school, schools, K12, internet, learn on line, flash,secret, builder, cyberworld, art, drawing, contest