Home > Freeware > Food Force - A Game To Fight Hunger
Food Force - A Game To Fight Hunger
In the free educational game FoodForce, you get to join a team of UN experts and help them fight hunger on the fictional island of Sheylan in the Indian Ocean, which is suffering from both drought and civil war.
FoodForce contains six different missions:
1. Air surveillance: Locating hungry people from a helicopter
2. Energy pacs: Learn how to produce a balanced diet for your citizens, consisting of rice, cooking oil, beans, sugar and salt within a budget of only 30 cents per day.
3. Air drop: drop your food supplies in a target zone. Dont forget to compensate for wind direction!
4. Locate and dispatch: co-ordinate supplies of purchased and donated food from around the world.
5. Food run: Lead a UN food convoy to a depot, dealing with dangers like landmines and road blocks.
6. Future farming: Use food aid to help a village develop over 10 years, by investing it carefully for nutrition, education, training, schooling, "food for work" and HIV/AIDS treatment
Most of the gameplay is arcade oriented, and your high scores can be uploaded online for worldwide comparison with other players.
Food Force was published by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in 2005.
This edutainment game is a fairly large download, about 200 MB. It is available for Windows and Mac. Suitable for both home and school use.
September 18, 2007
Windows, shareware, freeware, software, computer, study, education, classroom, educational, program, free, kids, kindergarten, learn ABC ABCs 123s, numbers, children, education, school, schools, K12,foodforce, hunger, united nations, UN, edumarket, starvation, famine, edutainment, United Nations